Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
This full-time position is responsible for performing general reception duties and providing administrative support to two busy Directors. The qualified candidate will have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, the ability to work independently and use sound judgement to anticipate the needs and support the work of the Directors.
- Acting as the first point of contact and welcoming visitors/callers with a high level of customer service and professionalism and directing inquiries appropriately; managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintaining office supplies inventory by monitoring usage; placing and expediting orders; and verifying receipt of deliveries
- Managing multiple calendars, maintaining filing and tracking systems, and prioritizing tasks to optimize workflow and maximize the ability of the Directors to meet critical deadlines
- Organizing and supporting meetings including developing agendas, minutes, communications, and arranging for venues, refreshments, travel etc.
- Supporting the Directors by collecting and analyzing information; preparing documents or reports for approval and developing materials (letters, memos, forms, reports, slides etc.) for distribution or presentation
- Assisting with the implementation of various projects including updating websites, preparing for accreditation, updating databases, compiling statistical records etc. as required
- Reconciling invoices on regular and ad hoc intervals.
Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration or a related discipline.
- Minimum three (3) years senior level administrative experience preferably in the healthcare field.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage volumes of diverse work
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Proven customer service orientation with the ability to exercise good judgement, tact and diplomacy to handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to maintain composure and to exercise a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while working with multiple interruptions
- Competent critical thinking skills to make informed decisions and creatively solve problems
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular)
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, a self-starter with the ability to adapt to change with ease
- Proficiency in both official languages, French and English, is considered an asset
• A Criminal Record Check will be conducted prior to and periodically throughout employment.
• Flexibility required to work a rotation of shifts including holidays and weekends
• This a temporary, part-time position with an anticipated duration until September 2020.