Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
Given the 24/7 nature of the services we provide to our consumers, this position requires flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays on a scheduled rotation and on-call as required. The hours of operations are 06:00am-11:00pm.
• Provides direction and oversees the daily coordination and monitoring of support services.
• Accountable for timely, efficient and accurate scheduling, dispatching and management of attendant resources to ensure consumer needs are matched with staff availability.
• Manage day to day operational activities by providing supervision, leadership, guidance and support to program staff.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policies, which includes investigating notables, incidents and taking required actions to resolve any discrepancies.
• Maintain and distribute appropriate administrative and medical supplies: Office, PPE, etc.
• Developing and managing relationships with consumers, and responding to unresolved client and family member issues.
• Provide direction to the Scheduling team to ensure employee and consumer schedules are consistent, accurate and timely.
• Preparing statistical and administrative reports as required and reconciling invoices.
• Participating in employee probationary and annual staff performance appraisals.
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education in health/social services discipline.
• Minimum three (3) years’ supervisory experience.
• Offer of employment is conditional on receipt of satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, including vulnerable Sector Screening.
• Proven experience working in a fast paced environment.
• Experience in geriatrics and medical knowledge would be an asset.
• Experience working in a unionized healthcare environment.
• Experience in coaching and mentoring staff.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others to meet goals and objectives.
• Excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving and decision making ability.
• Passion for delivering exceptional customer service to vulnerable populations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and demonstrated ability to learn and effectively utilize computer applications.
• Knowledge and experience with Gold Care and Cell Trak an asset.