Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
Reporting to the Manager, the Administrative Supervisor provides direction and oversight to ensure the daily coordination and monitoring of support services activities, including scheduling, dispatching and management of attendant resources to ensure consumer visit schedules, needs and requests for services are met within fiscal and operating targets and Nucleus staff availability.
• Manage day to day operational activities by providing supervision, leadership, guidance and support to program staff (including training, orientation, discipline etc.).
• Working collaboratively with all members of the team to ensure timely delivery of safe and effective services to all clients/consumers in compliance with Health and Safety Policies, investigating notables, incidents and actioning as required
• Ensuring compliance with documentation and organizational/departmental policies and procedures
• Monitor and manage administrative and medical supplies (Office, Personal Protective Equipment and Health and Safety) in collaboration with Program Manager ensuring appropriate medical supplies are available and distributed for staff use
• Developing and managing relationships with consumers, and responding to unresolved client and family member issues
• Provide direction to the Scheduling team to ensure employee and consumer schedules are consistent, accurate and timely
• Overseeing the master scheduling of employees in consideration of Consumer Service requirements, Collective Agreement provisions, approved vacation and leave requests, and submitting payroll reports on a biweekly basis
• Preparing statistical and administrative reports as required (daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly) and reconciling payroll/agency use invoices
• Participating in employee performance appraisals
• Monitoring activities of department through use of technology
• Providing appropriate communications and supportive employee tools
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education. Experience in health/social services; geriatrics and/or medical knowledge
• Two to three (2- 3) years’ supervisory experience
• Experience working in a unionized healthcare environment is a definite asset.
• Experience in coaching and mentoring staff (i.e. leading orientation, implementing processes and procedures, taking on the role of trainer in a train-the-trainer model).
• Ability to work collaboratively with others to meet goals, objectives and program outcomes.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving and decision making ability.
• Excellent customer service skills and a passion for delivering exceptional service to vulnerable populations.
• Ability to work independently and successfully managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Initiative, teamwork and the ability to set priorities and work within a fast-paced and evolving environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and demonstrated ability to learn and effectively utilize computer applications. Knowledge and experience with Gold Care and Cell Trak an asset.
• Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays on a scheduled rotation (and on call as required). Daily hours of operations are 0600 – 2300
• Offer of employment conditional upon receipt of satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening.