Central Registry Care Coordinator
The Central Registry is the centralized point of coordinated access for referrals to several regional support services operating in the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (MH LHIN) area.
The Central Registry operates from 8:00am-8:00pm, 365 days per year. Therefore, this position requires flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays on a scheduled rotation.
Candidates must also be comfortable with a large volume of driving and have a valid Ontario Driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle.
Why work for Nucleus?
• We offer competitive wages, pension, and benefits.
• Ergonomic work spaces to encourage your health and wellness while at work.
• Access to training resources to continue to build on your skills.
• Positive, supportive, diverse, and respectful work environment!
• You will use your strong communication, assessment and negotiation skills paired with a client-centered and solutions-focused approach to ensure the timely placement of appropriate eligible referrals to programs or services that best suit their needs.
• You will work collaboratively with referral partners and service providers to process referrals and advise or link applicants to appropriate services.
• Your comprehensive knowledge of the community services available and program requirements, will enable you to conduct effective standardized in-home and hospital assessments to determine eligibility for specific regional programs.
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education in relevant health or social service field.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting formalized assessments (preferably inter-RAI tools).
• Experience working with seniors population and supporting caregivers.
• Must have an understanding of PSW scope of work.
• Extensive knowledge of local services and resources available in the community.
• Demonstrated customer service approach and strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening, and comprehension).
• Written and verbal fluency in English is required. Bilingual (French) is a strong asset.
• Will need to consent to a Criminal Background Check.