Central Registry Care Coordinator (Multiple Positions)
The Central Registry is the centralized point of coordinated access for referrals to several regional support services operating in the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (MH LHIN) area.
The Central Registry operates from 8:00am-8:00pm, 365 days per year. Therefore, this position requires flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays on a scheduled rotation.
Under the general supervision of the department Manager, the Central Registry Care Coordinator is responsible for performing general care coordination functions.
Care coordination responsibilities include processing referrals, including conducting assessments and determining eligibility for specific regional programs; and for advising or linking applicants to appropriate services as required.
The Care Coordinator works collaboratively with internal and external partners and uses their strong communication, assessment and negotiation skills paired with a client-centered and solutions-focused approach to execute their responsibilities to ensure the timely placement of appropriate eligible referrals to department programs or to link the applicant appropriately to services that best suit their needs.
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education in relevant health or social service field
• Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting formalized assessments (preferably inter-RAI tools)
• Experience working with seniors population and strong working knowledge of SDL program or ALS-HRS policy
• Must have an understanding of PSW scope of work
• Extensive knowledge of local services and resources
• Proven interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence appropriate to build positive rapport with various parties and to professionally represent all service providers
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and attention to detail
• Demonstrated customer service approach and a solutions-based approach to problem-solving
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening, comprehension)
• Ability to meet multiple priorities, in a dynamic environment, in a timely and efficient manner
• Written and verbal fluency in English is required. Bilingual (French) is a strong asset.
• Flexibility required to work a rotation of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Valid Ontario Driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle is required. The position requires daily travel throughout the MH LHIN region (Oakville, Mississauga and South Etobicoke)
• Offer of employment conditional upon receipt of satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening.