Central Registry Team Assistant, Temporary, Part-Time
Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
Under the general supervision of the department Manager, the Central Registry Team Assistant is responsible for executing a wide range of reception duties and administrative support tasks to support the effective operations of the Central Registry department.
As a key member of the team, this role is expected to receive both general and program specific telephone or electronic inquiries; to receive and prepare referrals; schedule visits and calls; and provide administrative support to management and team members as required.
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education in relevant office administration, health related or social service fields
• Minimum 3 years related administrative experience (healthcare preferred)
• Demonstrated customer service acumen, excellent organizational skills and exceptional telephone etiquette.
• Experience supporting a team of individuals to accomplish collective goals
• Ability to interact with staff at all levels with a high level of professionalism in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
• Ability to self-direct and work independently in an evolving and fluid environment
• Strong working knowledge of standard administrative and clerical procedures
• Proficient use of computer technologies and software applications. Strong and specialized skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher) Databases and Scheduling Software (GoldCare Integrated Health Record System preferred). Ability to use advanced software skills in an office environment, as be trained to use program software for database entry and scheduling.
• Strong skills in information gathering and information monitoring
• Ability to problem solve with keen attention to detail and accuracy
• A Criminal Record Check will be conducted prior to and periodically throughout employment.
• Flexibility required to work a rotation of shifts including holidays and weekends
• This a temporary, part-time position with an anticipated duration until September 2020.