Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Community Supervisor provides direction and oversight for front-line staff (primarily PSW employees) in the field and is accountable for delivery of consumer-focused services. The Supervisor performs complex and varied tasks that require exercising sound judgment and decision-making.
We are looking for candidates that are detail oriented, committed to providing top notch customer service, and have flexibility in their schedules to work varied shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays on a scheduled rotation. Shifts will have varying lengths to meet operation needs during the hours of 8:00am – 10:30pm.
Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and willingness to travel in the community as required to support staff across the Mississauga Halton LHIN Region (Oakville, Mississauga, South Etobicoke)
Why work for Nucleus?
- We offer competitive wages, pension, and benefits.
- Ergonomic work spaces to encourage your health and wellness while at work.
- Access to training resources to continue to build on your skills.
- Positive, supportive, diverse, and respectful work environment.
- Be part of something that makes a difference in people’s lives!
· Foster an environment of high quality service delivery and customer-focused services, by developing trusting and supportive professional relationships with clients and caregivers.
· Establish effective communication mechanisms to support a remote, front line workforce on a day to day basis.
· Assess and re-assess the needs of clients including developing individualized person-centered service plans in collaboration with the clients.
· Facilitate the intake, transfer and discharge of consumers to and from program services.
· Assist clients to access available resources/supports as required.
· Act as primary contact for clients, coordinating their services and acting as a resource and advocate.
· Provide daily supervision, leadership, guidance and support to front lines in the community.
· Assign work to staff ensuring that they have the required tools and skills to provide high quality services
· Participate in hiring, orientation, training, and performance management of frontline staff when required.
· Manage day-to-day operational service delivery activities as per the direction of the Program Manager.
· Work collaboratively with all members of the team to ensure timely delivery of safe and effective services to all consumers.
· Ensure accurate and timely documentation is completed and complies with all policies and procedures of the organization.
· Respond to and resolve service concerns/complaints in a respectful and compassionate manner consistent with Nucleus values.
Skills and Qualifications
· Post-Secondary degree or diploma in healthcare/nursing (RPN) with a preferred focus on gerontology and/or disabilities.
· Direct supervisory experience with PSWs, preferably in a unionized setting; including training, coaching, mentoring, implementing new/revised processes and procedures, etc.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
· Experience working in Community healthcare is preferred.
· Demonstrated expertise in care coordination/case management.
· Outstanding customer service skills and a passion for delivering exceptional service to vulnerable populations in the community.
· Demonstrated understanding of PSW scope of practice, roles and functions.
· Knowledge of risk management and occupational health and safety requirements.
· Solid understanding of electronic scheduling software and/or electronic client record keeping software. Gold Care experience would be an asset.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and demonstrated ability to learn and effectively utilize computer applications and databases
· Verbal and written fluency in English is required; verbal and written fluency in French is a strong asset.