Consumer Services Manager
Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
With a clear focus on the client care experience and a proven track record in leading teams through change and inspiring service excellence, you will provide leadership in service delivery and human resource management including care delivery performance targets, leading a complement of unionized and non-unionized staff, recruitment, training, co-ordination of staff and performance management.
You will manage the day-to-day operations of the program to maximize operational effectiveness within a client-centered model of care delivery and ensure that execution of our policies and procedures are in alignment with our mission, vision, goals and values. You will also be responsible for managing your budget and statistical data, and will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages team work, and complies with all applicable regulatory, legislative and funder requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
As the ideal candidate, you have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a health / social services related field and are passionate about delivering excellent client services. You bring at least five years’ progressive operations management experience along with a high level of emotional intelligence and proven leadership capacity to continually foster a culture of safety, quality and customer service. Specialized training and experience with delivering service to people with physical disabilities and/or gerontology are preferred assets. You also:
• Have superior communication, decision making, problem solving, facilitation and planning skills
• Have the ability to deal with multiple priorities through highly developed time management skills combined with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet competing demands and timelines
• Are recognized for inspiring performance excellence while embracing change and transformation and have demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with people from diverse backgrounds and communities
• Have an awareness of unregulated healthcare workers roles and functions
• Can effectively liaise with external agencies and partners
• Have demonstrated customer service acumen, strong negotiation skills and a solutions-based approach to problem-solving
• Are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Client based software applications
• Verbal and written fluency in English is required; verbal and written fluency in French is an asset.