Analyst – Decision Support and Clinical Informatics
Nucleus is an innovative and learning organization, focused on providing exceptional, culturally-sensitive care to residents in the Mississauga Halton community to enable frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities to live their best life independently, at home. Our highly committed staff embody our IC2ARE values of Innovation, Compassion, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence in the delivery of personalized care, where every person’s experience is exceptional, every time. We are committed to creating a safe environment where you feel heard, valued for the work you do, able to grow and learn, and make a difference to every person you touch.
Reporting to the Director of Innovation, Strategy and Performance, Nucleus Independent Living is seeking a creative, highly driven individual with a diverse data analytics toolkit to help modernize the organizations approach to collecting, analyzing and disseminating data in support of organizational and service provider decision making on both a regular and ad hoc basis. While prior work experience is preferred, a demonstrated passion for all things data analytics, coding and healthcare will be prioritized when reviewing applicants.
- Works with the team to identify, measure, report and monitor organizational and service provider indicators and metrics based on reporting products, knowledge and studies produced from the Decision Support These metrics include but are not limited to clients outcomes, service delivery, resource utilization, financials, complaints & appeals.
- Works with staff in Business Systems to develop methodologies for streamlining and automating the collection, extraction & integration of data including the development of related policies & procedures to drive operations and performance improvement techniques.
- Support the selection and implementation of new IM/IT technologies designed to support operational excellence in the delivery of front-line services and referral and intake management.
- Works in partnership with the Business Development lead to advance Business Cases designed to support program growth and operational efficiency.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders including partner service providers, LHIN, Ministry of Health, Ontario Association Health Shared Services Ontario (OAHSSO), to understand, interpret and analyze business models & concepts, using statistical, descriptive & analytic
- Works with the team to measure, monitor and ensure compliance with internal and external (regulatory) data This includes but is not limited to requirements around data quality, privacy & confidentiality as well as data validity & accuracy.
- Works with the teams across the organization to optimize the use of already collected data (provincial and national) as well as identify new data elements to enhance information for decision making.
Skills and Qualifications
Education, Training & Experience
- University degree in health information management, a healthcare related discipline, engineering, statistics or computer science (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Knowledge of performance measurement, data analysis and data warehousing techniques and methodology
- Ability to interpret data and formulate decision alternatives substantiated by data findings
- Knowledge of business intelligence development, reporting (using SQL queries, stored procedures, ), relational database management techniques, applications and tools (SQL Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), PerformancePoint etc.);
- Knowledge of R Programming and Tableau an asset
- Solid capability SharePoint
- Ability to design, implement and expand data resources by performing extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) activities an
- Experience with one or more healthcare-related clinical or financial reporting standards (Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards/Management Information Systems (OHRS/MIS), ICD9, ICDlO-CM, RAI, etc
- Solid capability to use of MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, )
- Understanding and commitment to quality service and best practice.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision and also possess a positive team spirit attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail within a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Adherence to confidentiality policy for sensitive financial and clinical information