Director, Innovation, Strategy and Performance
Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the DIRECTOR OF INNOVATION, STRATEGY AND PERFORMANCE is responsible to oversee and direct the identification of and implementation of new business opportunities based on the organization’s strategic priorities and building upon its strategic advantages. This role will also be responsible to develop a comprehensive performance management and risk management framework, incorporating leading practices in comparable industries.
The incumbent will lead large scale, complex corporate strategy projects that are cross-departmental in nature. This role will provide direction and guidance to various programs in developing specific business plans and strategies in collaboration with the Director of Operations and Director of Quality.
This role assists executive leadership in assessing current environment external factors and competitive landscape including the development of key strategies, as well as:
• Thinks laterally and looks to new fields to solve analogous issues with the goal of streamlining organizational processes and optimize value for clients.
• Develops and reinforces structures and processes that promote and enable innovation across the organization
• Engages with all staff levels to identify innovative growth and efficiency opportunities to achieve performance targets and gain market distinction.
• Evaluates strategic options in the context of the corporate short and long term direction, financial targets and market context.
• Supports the evaluation/reevaluation of new and ongoing initiatives including recommendations for corrective action in response to changing environments.
• Develops and executes logical analysis to drive toward key decisions and to drive change.
• Hires trains coaches counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports
• Directs the management and adjustment of conflicting priorities
• Utilizes a formal project management methodology, based upon effective project selection, planning, tracking and reporting
• Demonstrates skill in developing a business case
• Creates on-going status reports and presentations
• Fosters team work and a collaborative approach
• Shares information actively and regularly with staff and other team members
Skills and Qualifications
• Graduate Degrees in Business Administration or healthcare management-related field from an accredited University
• Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible roles preferably in non-profit sector
• Significant experience with significant large-scale project management and strategic planning in a relevant industry; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
• Strategic thinker with broad and deep understanding of the health care industry required
• Superior leadership and motivation capabilities
• Experience working in a unionized environment
• Demonstrated effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Proven experience in effectively working in the community serving consumers from vulnerable sectors
• Clear and effective communicator, both verbal and written
• Strong financial management skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to effectively make decisions, problem-solve and provide strategic solutions
• Proven ability to develop a strong team and focused on the development of each team member