Human Resources Generalist (Permanent Full-time)
Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
This role plays an integral part in the implementation of Human Resource strategies and programs and will support operations with an initial emphasis on developing and implementing effective people strategies that attract, develop and retain employees in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
The incumbent will work collaboratively with all employees to drive execution of HR Strategies, practices, programs, processes and services efficiently and effectively; promote compliance with company policy and relevant legislation and provide advice, guidance and information to employees and management by applying knowledge in employee and labour relations, performance management and occupational health and safety.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist’s main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Lead full scale recruitment and selection activities;
• Coordination and facilitation of organizational orientation and on-boarding activities as well as special events;
• Manage daily Human Resources functions and administration, including: responding to employee inquiries, drafting and/or preparing letters, memos, presentations and other documentation as directed;
• Prepare monthly, annual, and ad hoc metrics and reports as required;
• Maintain/implement accreditation standards related to Human Resources and Health and Safety including conducting research, updating policies and determining best practices;
• Other duties as assigned, including support of employee training, Health & Safety and WSIB programs as required.
Skills and Qualifications
In addition to your excellent communication skills and flexibility to work within a fast paced work environment you are highly organized, possess a solid ability to plan and effectively manage large volumes of work with a high degree of accuracy and extreme attention to detail. You are resourceful, a self-starter, able to work under pressure with minimal direction, and able to manage your own time and projects. You bring positivity, compassion and energy delivering excellent customer service while presenting a professional image. In addition, your education and experience includes:
• Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management (CHRP/CHRL and asset)
• Minimum two years direct experience in a Human Resources capacity (healthcare or community care experience preferred)
• Significant experience and proven track record with high volume recruitment and selection
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant employment legislation
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner, including demonstrated tact, diplomacy, discretion and cultural sensitivity
• Solid understanding of, and commitment to, requirements for privacy and confidentiality with regard to personal information and personal health information
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office products required; Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
• Experience with HR and Payroll databases
• Sound judgment and the ability to effectively problem solve or assess the situation to determine the urgency and risk, and escalate accordingly
• Ability and willingness to travel to locations within the GTA as required
Job Posting Number:
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to join our leading organization! Please send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations, quoting Job Posting # 101 to firstname.lastname@example.org