Manager, Quality and Risk (Full-time; Temporary)
Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Manager of Quality and Risk is responsible for the continuous quality improvement systems and processes across the organization including the annual Quality Improvement Plan; supporting and implementing quality improvement initiatives and cost-effective solutions; maintaining and enhancing the policy and procedures framework; overseeing the accreditation process and adherence to standards; and leading the enterprise risk management plan.
• Lead, promote and facilitate the development/ implementation of quality improvement activities in order to continually improve consumer experience and safety;
• Act as a resource in the development, maintenance, and improvement of quality improvement processes including creating action plans to address areas of improvement and ensure follow-up actions are completed.
• Oversee and facilitate the implementation of the annual Quality Improvement Plan
• Oversee and lead the organizations participation in the CARF Accreditation Survey activities required pre, during, post and between surveys
• Prepare and coordinate the delivery of appropriate education, mentoring and coaching in support of quality improvement and consumer/staff safety activities
• Collaborate with all staff and leaders to identify and develop strategies for improving consumer and staff safety promoting a “safety first” culture
• Build, promote and sustain a culture of consumer safety and emergency preparedness
• Lead implementation and oversight of the Pandemic Plan; develop, maintain and monitor pandemic policies and procedures to ensure adherence to directives, guidelines and best practices
• Support corporate wide standardization, reporting, analysis and evaluation of risk issues and trends in an effort to develop and implement mitigation mechanism in support of consumer and staff safety and organization-wide risk mitigation
• Develop and maintain policies and procedures for all operating activities
• Model accountability, responsibility, authority and the values of Nucleus to the team
• Respect and preserve the privacy, confidentiality and security of health care and employee information at all times; ensure sensitive materials are kept confidential in accordance with Organizational policies, procedures and legislation and addressed in the appropriate manner.
• Manage other assigned projects, ensuring effective teamwork and community, high quality of work, organizational performance and continuous learning.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Health Administration or Regulated Healthcare Program. Risk Management Certificate/program completion an asset.
• Current registration with health professional regulatory body, such as Registered Nurse (preferred)
• Master’s Degree in a related field (preferred)
• Minimum five (5) years of progressive leadership experience in quality and risk management in a health care environment
• Strong understanding of the needs of vulnerable populations including adults with physical disabilities, frail seniors and seniors with dementia.
• Excellent understanding of operational excellence, quality improvement, change management and service innovation with expertise in utilizing quality improvement tools.
• Demonstrated experience in facilitation, collaboration and negotiation with multiple stakeholders and service providers through care review, discovery processes and external partner conversations
• Demonstrated success in implementing change initiatives; certification in change management or related equivalent an asset
• Advanced knowledge of data management, statistical analysis and data visualization
• Strong attention to detail and effective project management and negotiation skills.
• Leadership style that supports a learning environment and competencies consistent with position level
• Working knowledge and application of relevant legislation including HIPPA, ECFAA, People’s Healthcare, Home and Community Care Act, Assisted Living Act,
• Demonstrated knowledge in enterprise risk management frameworks, insurance management process, claims management, contracts/agreements and the IPC
• Evidence of effective customer service, organizational, interpersonal, communication, leadership, judgement, critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Ability to work effectively within a diverse team and with unregulated healthcare providers and a variety of staff across departments and the organization
• Expertise in Risk Management frameworks and practices in the health care sector
• Familiarity with emergency preparedness, incident management, and pandemic planning in Ontario
• Flexible, self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Working knowledge and understanding of CARF Accreditation Standards and their application (preferred)
• Demonstrate initiative and adaptability; able to prioritize conflicting demands and work within tight timelines.
• Offer of employment contingent upon satisfactory Criminal Reference Check
• Willing to be flexible to support operations that provide consumer services 24/7/365
Status: Temporary, Full-time
Anticipated Duration of Contract: 6 months