Personal Support Worker, Part-Time Positions Available
Nucleus is an innovative and learning organization, focused on providing exceptional, culturally-sensitive care to residents in the Mississauga Halton community to enable frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities to live their best life independently, at home. Our highly committed staff embody our IC²ARE values of Innovation, Compassion, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence in the delivery of personalized care, where every person’s experience is exceptional, every time. We are committed to creating a safe environment where you feel heard, valued for the work you do, able to grow and learn, and make a difference to every person you touch.
Do you like making a difference in people’s lives? If yes, come join our PSW team!!
Why work for Nucleus?
Paid mileage and travel time
Pension plan and EAP programs
Ongoing training opportunities
You will join a great team of people making a difference in the lives of our consumers!
Deliver consumer-directed support services, respecting the individuality and dignity of each consumer. Position is a mobile role, requiring driving between consumers throughout shift. Service tasks include, but are not limited to:
• You will be punctual and reliable, our consumers depend on you and your trustworthy care.
• Your role is mobile, requiring driving in your own vehicle between consumers throughout shifts.
• You will be comfortable delivering a wide variety of consumer support services, which includes a variety of personal care assistance.
• Controlled acts as activities of daily living (requires specialized training provided by Nucleus)
• Part of helping our consumers will be some light housekeeping duties and meal preparation.
• You will have regular and easy access to up to date job related training.
• Our service operates 7 days per week, including Holidays. You must commit to being available to work every other weekend at a minimum, both Saturday and Sunday.
Skills and Qualifications
• Personal Support Worker Certificate from an accredited institution, or equivalent.
• Valid CPR and First Aid Certificate.
• Valid Driver’s License, Business Use Insurance and reliable vehicle.
• Successful Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract as well as validation of auto insurance.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and build rapport and trusting relationships.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English, both oral and written.
• Able to freely lift up to 23 kgs (50lbs), and assist consumers with standing, walking, sitting, lifting and transferring movements.
• Good computer skills and use of various electronic communication devices (cell phones, GPS).
• Demonstrated respect and compassion towards individuals served as well as the ability to provide culturally-sensitive services for consumers with diverse cultural / ethnic backgrounds.
• OTA, PTA, or Gerontology specialist an asset.
This position is part of CUPE Local 507