PPE Coordinator, Temporary Full-time
We are looking for an energetic individual to fill a temporary, full-time position to support program delivery across the organization through efficient sourcing; ordering; coordinating; dispensing and reporting on critical PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) supplies.
Nucleus Independent Living is a non-profit organization with over 30 years of experience in providing high quality personal support and essential homemaking services within an independent living philosophy to frail seniors and persons with physical disabilities living within designated areas in Mississauga, Oakville and two Supportive Housing sites in Toronto. Scheduled and on-call services are available 24/7/365 to enable individuals to remain living independently in their own homes. Our vision is to advance consumer care and compassionate service delivery.
The ideal candidate is a well-organized self-starter with superior attention-to-detail and customer service skills. Ability to self-motivate and demonstrate initiative with little supervision is required.
Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and will be scheduled for 80 hours bi-weekly, generally 8:30 – 4:30, Monday to Friday. Flexibility is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
This is a temporary position with an expected duration of six (6) months and possibility of extension.
• Post-secondary education in relevant office administration, health related or social service fields.
• Minimum 2 years related experience.
• Ability to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs) on a regular, daily basis
• Demonstrated customer focused acumen and excellent organizational skills
• Must embrace and demonstrate Nucleus values at all times.
• Proven interpersonal skills appropriate to build effective working relationships with team members
• Strong working knowledge of standard office principles and procedures and office administration duties.
• Proficient and accurate record-keeping and filing skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Demonstrates initiative, assertiveness and ability to set priorities to meet requirements and expected outcomes within defined timelines.
• Ability to meet multiple priorities, in a dynamic environment, in a timely and efficient manner, demonstrating flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to identify when to seek direction.
• Demonstrated accountability to self-manage in order to complete required tasks independently, with a high degree of quality and within required timelines.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Written and verbal communication skills in English required. Fluency in French an asset.
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education in relevant health or social service field
• Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting formalized assessments (preferably inter-RAI tools)
• Experience working with seniors population and strong working knowledge of SDL program or ALS-HRS policy
• Must have an understanding of PSW scope of work
• Extensive knowledge of local services and resources
• Proven interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence appropriate to build positive rapport with various parties and to professionally represent all service providers
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and attention to detail
• Demonstrated customer service approach and a solutions-based approach to problem-solving
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening, comprehension)
• Ability to meet multiple priorities, in a dynamic environment, in a timely and efficient manner
• Written and verbal fluency in English is required. Bilingual (French) is a strong asset.
• A Criminal Record Check will be conducted prior to and periodically throughout employment.
• Flexibility required to occasionally work extended hours and weekends, as the need arises.
• This position requires the incumbent to regularly walk, bend, lift and twist.
Work location: 2030 Bristol Circle, Oakville, ON L6H OH2
Contract Duration: Until January, 2021