Program Manager, Supportive Housing Program
Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
You will provide leadership in service delivery and human resource management within Nucleus’ quality and risk management framework to achieve performance targets and lead a complement of approximately 50 unionized and non-unionized staff.
You will manage the day-to-day operations of the SH program to maximize operational effectiveness within a client-centered model of service delivery and achieve the operational plan deliverables in alignment with our mission, vision, goals and values while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures. You will be responsible for managing the SH budget ($2.5 million); two sites and will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages team work, and complies with all applicable regulatory, legislative and funder requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
As the ideal candidate, you have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a health related field and have at least five (5) years of progressive operations management experience. You have a clear understanding and knowledge of delivering excellent service to people with physical disabilities. You bring a high level of emotional intelligence, operational expertise and leadership skills to continually foster a culture of safety, quality and customer service. You also:
• have superior communication, decision making, problem solving, facilitation and planning skills
• have the ability to deal with multiple priorities through highly developed time management skills combined with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet competing demands and timelines
• experience in the delivery of services within the independent living service model is an asset
• are able to analyze evidence and data to guide sound decision-making in matters relating to finance, operations and human resources
• have superior communication, decision-making, problem-solving, risk management and planning skills
• have the ability to deal with multiple priorities through highly developed time management skills
• are recognized for inspiring performance excellence while embracing change and transformation and have demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with people from diverse backgrounds and communities
• have an understanding of unregulated healthcare workers roles and functions
• are experienced in managing within a unionized environment
• have demonstrated customer service acumen, strong negotiation skills and a solutions-based approach to problem-solving
• are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and client based software applications
• Verbal and written fluency in French is an asset
• Have the ability to travel between program locations (within Etobicoke) and to Head Office (Oakville) on a regular basis.