Nucleus Independent Living provides person-centered services to support frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities living at home in the community. Known for our innovation and service philosophy, our employees bring our values to life through a passion for quality service delivery. We are committed to creating an environment where you feel valued for the work you do, you are able to hone your skills and you have an opportunity to make a difference.
The objective of this role is to accurately produce consumer and staff schedules – both Master Schedules include matching the staff with consumers in an efficient and optimal manner. We are looking for candidates that are detail oriented, committed to providing top notch customer service, and have flexibility in their schedules to work varied shifts, including weekends.
Why work for Nucleus?
• We offer competitive wages, pension, and benefits
• Ergonomic work spaces to encourage your health and wellness while at work
• Access to training resources to continue to build on your skills
• Positive, supportive, diverse, and respectful work environment!
• Be responsible for the accurate creation and maintenance of the consumer service schedules and staff work schedules for all sites using the Gold Care system
• Schedule consumer service visits according to care plans and staff availability, matching staff with consumers in an efficient and optimal manner.
• Contact clients and staff regarding day-to-day changes
• On a daily basis, reconcile all scheduling hours and kilometres for Payroll submission, accounting for adjustments/discrepancies, vacations, absences, over-time, training etc.
• Produce regularly required reports.
• The Scheduling Department works to support a service that is 24-hours per day, 365 days per year, and as such, this will require flexibility and extended hours of service including shifts between the hours of 6am to 10pm and will include weekends and recognized holidays.
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education in a related field, ideally Health Care, Social Services, or Office Administration.
• Minimum two (2) years of dedicated scheduling experience using scheduling software programs.
• Scheduling experience required; experience using Gold Care a strong asset.
• Knowledge of the Employment Standards Act (ESA) around hours of work
• Previous experience scheduling in accordance with Collective Agreements an asset
• Strong mathematical ability; patterns and logical deductions, and statistical concepts an asset
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office products required; Excel and database management
• Solid ability to plan, organize and effectively manage a large volume of requests and workload with a high degree of accuracy and extreme attention to detail
• Strong conflict management skills, with the ability to finesse and diffuse situations with appropriate resolutions or compromise, while working collaboratively with team members.