Nucleus is an innovative and learning organization, focused on providing exceptional, culturally-sensitive care to residents in the Mississauga Halton community to enable frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities to live their best life independently, at home. Our highly committed staff embody our IC²ARE values of Innovation, Compassion, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence in the delivery of personalized care, where every person’s experience is exceptional, every time. We are committed to creating a safe environment where you feel heard, valued for the work you do, able to grow and learn, and make a difference to every person you touch.
Senior Analyst Performance and Risk
Reporting to the Director of Innovation, Strategy and Performance, the Senior Analyst Quality and Risk primary accountabilities include supporting the continuous quality improvement systems and processes across the organization including the annual Quality Improvement Plan; implementing quality improvement initiatives; maintaining and enhancing the policy and procedures framework; the accreditation process; and enterprise risk management plan.
In addition, the incumbent will be expected to support large scale, complex corporate strategy projects that are cross-departmental in nature. They will work collaboratively with the Business Development, and Decision Support/Informatics Leads to assist the Director of Innovation, Strategy and Performance with driving a Total Quality Management agenda including identifying and implementing quality improvement initiatives, assisting with the development of business cases and as a leading contributor to a culture of innovation, accountability and operational excellence.
- Lead, promote and facilitate the development/ implementation of quality improvement activities in order to continually improve consumer experience and safety outcomes for all staff and consumers
- Measure and monitor performance of programs and departments based on key performance indicators
- Act as a resource in the development, maintenance, and improvement of quality improvement processes including creating action plans to address areas of improvement and ensure follow-up actions are completed.
- Help evaluate/re-evaluate ongoing initiatives in light of the changing environment to recommend corrective action.
- Works closely with the Business Development Lead to build business cases/grant applications supporting organizational growth and operational efficiency
- Support the organization’s participation in the CARF Accreditation Survey activities required pre, during, post and between surveys
- Collaborate with all staff and leaders to identify and develop strategies for improving consumer and staff safety promoting a “safety first” culture
- Act as a resource to program leads to investigate consumer complaints and/or safety events; assume leadership role in the management of escalated complaints and/or risk events and ensure documentation is complete.
- Support organization-wide standardization, reporting, analysis and evaluation of risk issues and trends in an effort to develop and implement mitigation mechanism in support of consumer and staff safety and organization-wide risk mitigation
- Monitor and update Enterprise Risk Management Registry to identify and prevent situations that can result in losses or liability, including but not limited to: staff, consumers, visitor safety incidents; privacy breaches; cyber threats; and hazardous conditions (onsite and in the community).
- Commits to the principle of continuous self-directed learning and the individual accountability for learning and demonstrates initiative to identify learning opportunities and additional education/training for self and others
- Attending academic programs, courses, conferences, workshops, learning from knowledge transfer of peers and specialists, reading educational literature
- Maintains active current awareness in the community’s industry, trends and assessments of changing practices
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Health Administration or equivalent specialized education and experience
- Masters Degree (asset)
- Meticulous attention to detail and effective project management and negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of the needs of vulnerable populations including adults with physical disabilities, frail seniors and seniors with dementia.
- Excellent understanding of operational excellence, quality improvement, change management and service innovation, with expertise in utilizing quality improvement tools.
- Demonstrated success in implementing change initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of data management, statistical analysis and data visualization
- Demonstrated knowledge in enterprise risk management frameworks
- Flexible, self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge and understanding of CARF Accreditation Standards and their application (preferred)
- Demonstrate initiative and adaptability; able to prioritize conflicting demands and work within tight timelines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English required; bi-lingual (French) strongly preferred.