Nucleus is an innovative and learning organization, focused on providing exceptional, culturally-sensitive care to residents in the Mississauga Halton community to enable frail seniors and adults with physical disabilities to live their best life independently, at home. Our highly committed staff embody our IC²ARE values of Innovation, Compassion, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence in the delivery of personalized care, where every person’s experience is exceptional, every time. We are committed to creating a safe environment where you feel heard, valued for the work you do, able to grow and learn, and make a difference to every person you touch
We are seeking an energetic and innovative leader for the position of:
Senior Manager, Consumer Services & Capacity Building
Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations, the Senior Manager, Consumer Services & Capacity Building provides leadership, guidance and support to all members of the Consumer services team. This role works closely with the CEO, Director, Operations and Director of Innovation, Strategy, Performance to develop new business cases.
• Oversees, and monitors Consumer Services’ financial and statistical objectives by taking corrective actions when required and reporting to funders
• Researches and promotes leading practices for continuous quality improvement in Consumer services teams.
• Implements plans for new programs by monitoring community needs, service trends by reviewing available literature and by conducting needs assessments surveys in existing programs and new programs
• Advises the senior management team on the impact of external changes from the Consumer services department perspective.
• Hires, supervises, trains, disciplines, recognizes and terminates Consumer service staff
• Develops and implements semi-annual training plans, reviews training material and provides training
• Advises and counsels staff by providing feedback and suggesting a course of action in day to day program delivery
• Assists in applying for new funding by providing input/writing and reviewing the business cases for the agency
• Maintains knowledge, observes, practices and enforces appropriate procedures in regards to Fire, Safety, Quality and environmental standards
• Encourages a just culture and contributes to a culture of Consumer safety and employee Health and Safety by complying with all safety practices of the organization, reporting unsafe practices and adverse events, and acting on safety recommendations
• Perform all other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business; Health Administration or other related field
• Minimum three to five years’ progressive leadership experience
• Strong understanding of the needs of vulnerable populations including adults with physical disabilities, frail seniors and seniors with dementia.
• Demonstrated understanding of operational excellence, quality improvement, change management and service innovation with expertise in utilizing quality improvement tools.
• Advanced knowledge of data management, statistical analysis and data visualization
• Strong attention to detail and effective project management and negotiation skills.
• Leadership style that supports a learning environment and competencies consistent with position level
• Working knowledge and application of relevant legislation including HIPPA, ECFAA, People’s Healthcare, Home and Community Care Act, Assisted Living Act, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge in enterprise risk management frameworks, insurance management process, claims management, contracts/agreements and the IPC
• Evidence of effective customer service, organizational, interpersonal, communication, leadership, judgement, critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Ability to work effectively within a diverse team and across departments and the organization
• Familiarity with emergency preparedness, incident management, and pandemic planning in Ontario
• Flexible, self-directed and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated initiative and adaptability; able to prioritize conflicting demands and work within tight timelines.
• Excellent computer skills